Posted on Leave a comment

Replenished some puzzle stock and a new base!

This weekend I spent some time gluing some walnut puzzle pieces, alder bases, and poplar bases (new wood choice). Next up, sanding the bases. This Makita 5” random orbital sander has made my life so much easier when it comes to sanding!  I’ve found that the Diablo 50-piece pack with a 220 grit offers the most flexibility.  The 220 grit is all I need for coarse and fine work.  Once the incessant sanding was done, I wiped all the sawdust off and applied Rust-Oleum Danish Oil Finish.

I also created an enclosed alder base that I think makes the puzzle even more challenging. You have to place the pieces in order since they can’t be slid in from the side like with the open base.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *